Ivana Smičiklas has graduated at the Chemical Faculty, while got a Ph.D. degree at the Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade, 2007. She was employed at the Radiation and Environmental Protection Department, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences in 1995, and ever since participates in the national and international scientific projects. At present (2011-2019) she is a principal investigator of the subproject in the scope of the Integral Interdisciplinary Research Project (Grant No. III43009) funded by the Ministry of Science of the Republic of Serbia: “Advanced technologies for monitoring and environmental protection from chemical pollutants and radioactive contamination”. She was a principal investigator of the bilateral project between the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Croatia (2016-2017), a participant in bilateral projects with the Republic of Montenegro (2016-2018, 2019-2020), in the project funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Srpska (2015), and in the IAEA Coordinated Research Project (CRP) 14159/RO (2008-2010). She was a mentor of three doctoral dissertations defended at the University of Belgrade, an invited reviewer in more than twenty international journals, organizer of science promotion and popularization projects and manifestations. The scientific output includes 60 papers in the international peer-reviewed journals, two book chapters and over 65 presentations at national and international conferences. So far, the publications were cited more than 1300 times excluding self-citations, h index-16 (SCOPUS). The research focus is on environmental chemistry, soil science, material science, water treatment, soil remediation, and waste treatment and recycling.
- M. Egerić, I. Smičiklas, B. Dojčinović, B. Sikirić, M. Jović, M. Šljivić-Ivanović, D. Čakmak, Interactions of acidic soil near copper mining and smelting complex and waste derived alkaline additives, Geoderma 352 (2019) 241–250.
- Šljivić-Ivanović, M., Smičiklas, I., Jović, M., Dimović, S., Onjia, A. (2018). Effects of amendment type and dose onto distribution of coexisting copper, lead and nickel ions in soil, Water, air and soil pollution, 229, Article 339.
- Marković, J., Jović, M., Smičiklas, I., Pezo, L., Šljivić-Ivanović, M., Onjia, A., Popović, A. (2016). Chemical speciation of metals in unpolluted soils of different types: correlation with soil characteristics and an ANN modelling approach, Journal of Geochemical Exploration, 165, 71-80.
- Smičiklas, I., Jović, M., Šljivić-Ivanović, M., Mrvić, V., Čakmak, D., Dimović, S. (2015). Correlation of Sr2+ retention and distribution with properties of different soil types. Geoderma, 253–254, 21-29.
- Jović, M., Šljivić-Ivanović, M., Dimović, S., Marković, J., Smičiklas, I. (2017). Sorption and mobility of Co(II) in relation to soil properties. Geoderma, 297, 38-47