• Born in August 1980, Priboj, Serbia
Education and career
• 2012. - Ph.D. Thesis Title „Investigation of mass transfer phenomenna for sorption of Cu (II)-ions onto inorganic sorbents“, Faculty of Technology and Metalurgy, University of Belgrade.
• 2005.-2012., Ph. D. Studies, Faculty of Technology and Metalurgy, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Belgrade.
• 2005., B.Sc., Faculty of Technology and Metalurgy, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Belgrade.
• 2006. – present, employed at the Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences, in Radiation and Environmental Protection Department.
• Participation in several research projects founded by the Ministry of Science of the Republic of Serbia (2006.- present)
• Participation in the project founded by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Srpska, “Characterization of the red mud from the alumina factory "Alumina" as a starting point for exploring the possibilities of its utilization” (2015);
• Participation in bilateral scientific projects:
- between the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Croatia “Investigation of radionuclide sorption on the artificial and natural sorbent materials with emphasis on the potential analytical applications and /or safe disposal” (2016-2017);
- between the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Montenegro “Potential applications of the mussels and oysters shells as biosorbents for heavy metal removal” (2016-2018).
• MC Member in COST action CA17131
• Participant in science promotion and popularization projects.
• Mentor of one PhD thesis.
• Author of one chapter in book ( international), 28 papers in international journals; 4 papers in national journals, over 30 presentations at national and international conferences;
• Cited over 300 times , H-index 9
• Invited reviewer in international journals: Chemical Engineering Journal, Applied Clay Science, Environmental Technology, Chemistry and Ecology, Ionics, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, Separation Science and Technology, etc.
• Development of novel materials and methods for wastewater treatment processes,
• Beneficial use of waste materials as sorbents
• Synthesis and characterization of apatite materials, characterization and physicochemical modification of biogenic apatite,
• Speciation of heavy metals and radionuclides in soils of different types and development of suitable remediation m
1. Ivana Jelić, Marija Šljivić-Ivanović,
Slavko Dimović, Dragi Antonijević, Mihajlo Jović, Miljana Mirković, Ivana
Smičiklas, The applicability of construction and demolition waste components
for radionuclide sorption. J. Clean. Prod. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.09.220IF(2016)
5.715, Environmental Sciences 17/229,
ISSN 0959-6526, Izdavač Elsevier BV2. Marija Egerić, Ivana Smičiklas, Ana
Mraković, Mihajlo Jović, Marija Šljivić-Ivanović, Davor Antanasijević, Mirjana
Ristic, Experimental and theoretical consideration of the factors influencing
cationic pollutants retention by seashell waste, November 2017, Journal of
Chemical Technology & Biotechnology, DOI10.1002/jctb.5516
Šljivić-Ivanović, I. Smičiklas, S. Dimović, M. Jović, B. Dojčinović, Study of
simultaneous radionuclide sorption by mixture design methodology, INDUSTRIAL
AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH, 54 (2015): 11212−11221. IF (2014) 2.587,
Engineering, Chemical 27/135, ISSN 0888-5885, Broj heterocitata:
4. I. Smičiklas, S. Dimović, M. Jović, A.
Milenković, M. Šljivić-Ivanović, Evaluation study of cobalt(II) and
strontium(II) sorption-desorption behavior for selection of soil remediation
technology, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,
12/12 (2015): 3853–3862.
IF (2015) 2.344,
Environmental Science 7