WG 4 - TRAINING, DISSEMINATION & OUTREACH
- Demonstrate the benefits of incorporating soil science and geophysics during excavationplanning phase to curators, field archaeologists and students.
- Promote the benefits of soil analyticaltechniques for generating auxiliary data.
- Develop specialist skills and cross-disciplinary capacity(common language, common problems).
- Practicaltraining of young researchers and professionals.
- Organise Training Schools with practicaldemonstrations on in key technical areas (including soil science, geophysics and geochemistry) (incollaboration with WG2).
- Develop and distribute training materials though SAGA’s website.
- Organise panel meetings that are ‘problem’ focussed (in collaboration with WG 1, 2 & 3).
- Administrate STSMs &‘Access to Experts and Equipment’.
- Provide online mentoring/forum for the use of equipment, specifictechniques, analytical techniques (in collaboration with WG1).
- Coordinate Conference Grants aimed at supporting researchers to attend high profile international science and technology related events not specifically organised by SAGA.
Working Group Leader: Sebastiano D’Amico (sebastiano.damico[at]um.edu.mt)
List of WG4 Members
|Sebastiano D’amico (WG leader)
|Yuval Goren (WG deputy)